Kimsooja (b. Taegu, Korea, 1957, South Korean) - A Reflective Palace Of Rainbows, 2006 The Palacio de Cristal was originally built in the late 1880s in Madrid, Spain. In 2006 artist Kimsooja transformed it into this rainbow reflecting palace. Installations
The longer I wait
Lying on my bed
For a response
To the thing I need to know
The more my heart sinks
Slowly to the floor
The thudding in my ears
And the pounding in my chest
Am I waiting to be broken
Or to be given a chance
Cuz I’ve already fallen for you
No matter how much
I should fight against it
I need to know the truth
Am I a game
Or a fling
Or a flame
Do you feel what I feel
Do you wish I would stop
Are you going to answer
Or is this all going to stop
And the sounds coming from my phone
Give me a slimmer of hope
But when I read the screen
I feel alone
It’s not you
It’s not you
But it’s you.
I don’t care about the text on my screen
When blood boils inside of me
I need to know
Where I stand and where I go
A book discarded on the shelf
And old smells
A book always opened
The pages worn
But the love so pure
And easily shown
My body is cold
But my tears are warm
My soul dry
My tears surround me
A perfect storm
And still you say nothing
The coldness reaches my bones
Are you mine
Or am I alone
It’s early in the morning
Or late at night
Maybe you fell asleep
Or maybe you’re trying to find
The right words to say
To reject me
But keep me okay
Or maybe you’re only scared away
Was today the last I will hear from you
Even after the plans we made
For tomorrow too.
But am I the only one tired of seeing people posting their closed minded views on Facebook?
You want Obama gone?
Fair enough, but don’t think it is going to change the way this country is. Our problem is congress. Not Obama.
You want our borders closed?
Okay, fine but remember where your family came from asshole, we are all immigrants in this country. It’s a melting pot. Get over it. You’re lineage did not start here.
You want the language to be all English?
Sorry to break it to you, but the United States doesn’t have an official language. We just don’t so expecting everyone to adhere to it is rude. I admit I only know English and it would be preferable to me as well, but not much we can do about it. Start leaning Spanish kids.
Culture- Declaration of Independence, the constitution and the bill of rights.
I do honestly hope you paid enough attention in class to know that the Declaration of Independence is a declaration of war. Good job for wanting war. As for the whole, do you know the meaning of culture, because it doesn’t mean three bits of paper with scribbles on them. A lot goes into a culture and America has a melting pot of cultures because we are all IMMIGRANTS.
Mandatory drug screening before welfare?
Fair enough, but if you want a drug free country, you’re in for a shock, it will never happen. But if you want it so bad make sure to screen students and everyone with a job anywhere. I know I work and go to school with plenty of of people on drugs. Want to solve that problem? Be willing to go all the way.
No freebies to non citizens?
What non citizens? You want to boot them all out of the country for not being born here. But please, if you’re going to stop handing out freebies count citizens into the equation too.
This country is not perfect. Sometimes it sucks. But you’re going for all of the wrong solutions. Do your research, understand the problem before you try to open your mouth to fix it.
Bookworm’s Dream Giveaway!
- one black Kobo Mini eReader
- tons of books preloaded on it!
- Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
- Hunger Games series - Suzanne Collins
- Percy Jackson series - Rick Riordan
- Divergent series - Veronica Roth
- Game of Thrones series (The Songs of Ice and Fire) George R.R. Martin
- Narnia series - C.S. Lewis
- Maze Runner series - James Dashner
- Mortal Instruments series - Cassandra Clare
- Odd Thomas series - Dean Koontz
- Torchwood book series
- Alex Rider series - Anthony Horowitz
- The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
- Paper Towns - John Green
- Looking for Alaska - John Green
- Heat series - Richard Castle
- Ender’s Game Saga - Orson Scott Card
- The Chemical Gardens trilogy - Lauren DeStefano
- Dresden Files series - Jim Butcher
- Howl’s Moving Castle series - Diana Wynne Jones
- Chrestomanci series - Diana Wynne Jones
- Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
- Graceling Realm series - Kristin Cashore
- Summer Falls - Amelia Williams
- The Angel’s Kiss: A Melody Malone Mystery
- Storm series - Richard Castle
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Discworld series - Terry Pratchett
- Good Omens - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
- Neil Gaiman collection
- The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Silmarillion - J.R.R. Tolkien
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series - Douglas Adams
- The Hollows series - Kim Harrison
- Sunshine - Robin McKinley
- The Black Jewels trilogy - Anne Bishop
- Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
- The Mars Trilogy - Kim Stanley
- The Sword of Truth series - Terry Goodkind
- David Gemmel collection
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chobsky
- Warm Bodies - Issac Marion
- The Young Wizards series - Diane Duane
- Stephen King Collection
- Dangerous Women - George R.R. Martin & Gardner Dozois
- The Wheel of Time series - Robert Jordan
- The Mistborn Trilogy - Brandon Sanderson
- A Series of Unfortunate Events - Lemony Snickett
- The Cirque du Freak series - Darren Shan
- The Demonata series - Darren Shan
- The Ranger’s Apprentice series - John Flanagan
- Virals Series - Kathy Reichs
- Boy Meets Boy - David Levithan
- Life of Pi - Yann Martel
- Reboot - Amy Tintera
- Vampire Queen Series - Joey Hill
- Nature of Desire Series - Joey Hill
- Guild Hunter Series - Nalini Singh
- Psy Changling Series - Nalini Singh
- Valdemar Series’ - Mercedes Lackey
- Mercedes Lackey Collection
- His Dark Materials Series - Philip Pullman
- Temeraire Series - Naomi Novik
- Safehold Series - David Weber
- Chronicles of Vladimir Todd - Heather Brewer
- Song of the Lioness Quartet - Tamora Pierce
- Hollow Earth - John & Carole Barrowman
- Chaos Walking Series - Patrick Ness
- 1984 - George Orwell
- Animal Farm - George Orwell
- Matched Trilogy - Ally Condie
- Alice in Wonderland Series - Lewis Carroll
- Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe
- Night Angel Trilogy - Brent Weeks
BOOK REQUESTS ARE CLOSED! I’ll open it up for more later on but I think we have enough right now :D
1. Reblog this post to enter. You can reblog as many times as you want!
2. Likes count.
3. Be following the Geek Studio.
4. Anyone can enter! I will ship internationally!
5. That’s it!
READ THE GIVEAWAY FAQ’S BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION! It saves both you and me some time ;)
A name will be picked at random by a generator to determine the winner. The winner will be posted on my blog and notified through their ask box.
End Date: CHANGED TO January 31st, 2014 at 10:00PM EST
No more excuses.
I will forever reblog this
It’s sort of horrifying that we all know what they’re talking about without them really saying it.. that it’s become that much of a norm in our society that we just know.
i will reblog this 365 days a year
I WASN’T READY FOR THIS POST.
GUYS IT’S BACK
OH MY GOD YES
How you can let yourself have a minute to let everything out and then you can’t stop crying?
I had a super bad day between a friend pressuring me to go on a blind date that I’m not ready for and work being the usual pain in the ass.
And I’ve not let myself go for a whole so I figured, Why the hell not?
So I let a few tears slip because I just got rejected by a boy and money is alway an issue and my body sucks. The usual.
And then a name pops into my head. Josh.
And the sobs start.
The name who can take credit for raising me more than my father can. The man who married my sister who can take credit for raising more than my mother can.
The man who threw away his family for another woman and the crazy world of drugs.
The man, who with one phone call on my birthday, started this whole cry fest.
That one name led to all the feelings of betrayal and loneliness that I have never been able to share with anyone I know.
So I just want to say that is so unbelievably hilarious that letting yourself cry one little year can tear down your walls completely.
I just want this chance to ask… How am I supposed to build myself back up this time? How long am I going to cry myself to sleep again for the brother than abandoned me?
How am I supposed to let anyone in ever again?
#brother #depression #sobbing #whatamisupposedtodonow
THEME BY: ©HELOÍSA TEIXEIRA
BASE BY: ©YAM16